22.9.11

My new phone

The day my phone literally flushed out, i decided i need a new phone. I just needed a normal phone which would suite my daily needs. Sadly due to external sources I had to buy a good phone. And yes. The specifications were "NO NOKIA". That was k because I no longer am a Nokia fan. Maybe everyone was at one point of time. Hence I started my never ending search.

Decided to pick up an android because it felt more practical due to a lot of reasons. Especially the apps even though do not match the quality of apple but is a good bargain. Maybe i am not a big fan of the iPhone. So my options were clear. Needed a phone that i can slide into my pocket with ease and also easy to type. Cause messaging takes up half my life :-)

So once the search started i quickly was bent upon the qwerty android phone.

Samsung pro and HTC chacha were my 2 options. The was the Motorola buy i didn't consider it. Don't ask me why. You can just call it gut feeling. After which I finalized on the HTC chacha. So excited i was because nice phone . Looks quite good and the etc etc. Lets not really worry about the specs too much because I worry about the feel more than whats inside. Eventually more options creepers in and 2 of them being the Samsung galaxy ace and LG optimus one. Both good options. But eventually shortsighted the LG optimus one because i didn't want the guilt of buying a mid range phone which does not suck like a cheaper phone or perform like a good phone. So LG it was. Again another huge bomb in the territory and loads of thinking and discussion. But moreover instinctively I decided on the Samsung galaxy s with the amoled screen. There was a debate about LED vs LED screen but the LED screen seemed more practical. Here are few pictures of the phone not sure how its going to show up because posting this using the Blogger app for android. Initially the phone was nice, it still is actually. One thing to my surprise was how sleek it was. I was happy :-D basically because my one criteria was ticked off. And the user interface is also very give though I think the HTC has slightly outshined Samsung in that. I was slightly disappointed about the build quality because it was all plastic. But again makes it slightly lighter so no complains. Talking about the inside of the phone lets not worry too much on the specs because you can find it online . But one awesome thing was the built in memory which makes things very convenient plus the expendable slot which makes things better. The only thing which i miss is the flash for the camera. But again not worrying too much about it. Testing is quite convenient on the phone. So is the calls. There is no call drop as of now but its see. Gprs seem to be working fine along with the wifi. The only thing I found annoying was you have to dig deep to find something. One you get used to it.its ok. But because i was from a non-smartphone background I found it a little difficult initially. But its.ok now. Talking about the camera its quite brilliant in bright situations . But in low light the performance is so so. But its fine because all phones behave that way. Lets talk about this feature on a later date so that i can give examples. Battery like all smartphones does not last too long. Maybe the initial excitement. Lets see once the excitement dies down how long it will last me. Only time till tell :-) Well more talks.once i use it a little more. But for now signing off from this post. Adios!!!


No comments: